Friday, July 3, 2009

No one ever comments. I wonder if anyone reads. It's a little like talking into the Mistral. Never mind.

Leaving Monday for New York again. ThrillerFest at the Grand Hyatt. My first visit to ThrilerFest. It's supposed to be fun AS WELL as publicizing my book. I hope so.

It's cold in Sydney but nothing like New York winter cold or London. In fact, more like a spring day in London. One of the reasons I left.

Electricity going up here by 15% and water the same. Yet we're told inflation is running at 4%. An avareage bottle of wine was $5 20 years ago. Now it's 20. I suppose that's fair. Yet books and actor's fees haven't risen much. I made more cash per hear with Hammer Films in 1972 that last year with The Children of the Silk Road. Oy!


3 comments:

  1. Well, Shane, I've been remiss in commenting, but will strive to do better!

    Seems incomes are shrinking for all but the most well off all over the industrialized world. Sometimes I wish time would go backwards, but not like that!

    I hope you enjoy New York! Remember to live life as Nigel Davenport advised you to! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time I offered a supportive comment too!

    The cost of living is rising in disproportionate speed to that of earnings the world over it seems...and it is indeed especially difficult for those working in the world of arts and entertainment.

    It's all down to fatcats, I'm afraid: and the hapless self-serving politicians they have on retainer.

    It's a miracle anything creative is achieved in this grasping, dumbed-down world. But we have lived through dark ages before same as we have enjoyed more enlightened times...let's just hope they come again before it's too late for US!

    Have a swinging time in ol' NYC. Freit euch des lebens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Shane,
    just recently found out you are writing. News like that spread slow in Germany. ;-) I first got to know you through Mission Top Secret when I was a child. I am an actress myself, theatre basically up to now: www.schauspielhaus-salzburg.com and am writing on a fantasy novel. Would love to get in touch and share a bit of the tricks and treats of daily life as actor/writer with you. Greetz from Austria, Christiane

    ReplyDelete