Wednesday, April 29, 2009

How can one dream of things so vividly when one has never experienced what one is dreaming of? Last night I was with a party of communist Chinese being taken through the back of beyond near the Nepalese border. The people, the architecture, the roads and flora were spectacular. I got to know the rural Chinese so well and we both respected each others customs. Then, near dawn, we made out way through the snow to a very primitive hostel in the mountains and all of us collapsed on a huge bed and slept.
The joy of making an animal sublimely happy is worth quids, wouldn't you say? Freddy's full of great food and asleep on my lap. He is in a state of Nirvana. Making a child laugh (or feeding a hungry one) is the same. But hey, I'm getting all fuzzy...
Everyone's worst nightmares will be realized in....12 days. Whooooaaaahhhhhhh. Homeland Security is probably checking me out!

No comments:

Post a Comment