Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Waiting for copies of the book to arrive in Sydney from New York. For an author, to hold the finished copy is very exhilarating. After several years hard work (and  great deal of help from publishers and editors) I get to sniff the paper and hold the weight of the book. Then there's the BEA to look forward to. Book Expo America - the biggest book expo in the world (of course, it's in New York!) Vanguard will have a big presence (Publisher of the Year 2008!) and I will be there, Tiffany pen in hand (present from Wendy several years ago) hoping to sign copies for people who stop by. Then in the evening....jazz clubs, Broadway shows, dinners in Little Italy with gangsters, checking out the toilet systens out back and seeing how many guns are taped there, pastrami sandwiches at Zabar's, a trip down to the Tribecca Grill hoping that MABE de Niro will be there (in my top five actors of all time - Newman, Pacino, Brando, Katherine Hepburn, de Niro).....the list of things we plan to do in the Big Apple is endless. It's a wonderful time for me right now, being published by Vanguard.
I hope everyone who reads my blog visits my web site. www.worstnightmares.com. Ther's a link to all the short videos I made which give you an idea of what to expect in my very dark suspenseful book.

No comments:

Post a Comment