Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Now it's thew Swine flu? Amazing. My book's being published 12th May and the world's very possibly going to end a week before then? How unlucky can you get? Did I cause all this? well, no - my vanity doesn't reach to this level, but usually when I go skiing every other year the Aussie dollar plunges against the Euro, I lose a motzah, then it snaps up again the week after I return and I get less dollars when I change the Euros back. Happenchance? Of course. Last week I was actually looking through holiday brochures. Guess where? Yup, Mexico. I was going to take a two day trip down there after BEA. Now? I don't think so. It's Brighton Beach and a few Coors now.
I just sent a video to David Letterman. I thought it might amuse him. Hope so. Possibly it won't get past his producers - he must have a thousand to sift through videos from mad authors such as me. Worth a try, though. Maybe they'll think I'm bonkers and call me?
I'm having recurring nightmares myself now. Very karmic!!!  I dream my agent calls me. She says she was misinformed by her assistant - I didn't make # 2 on the NYT Best seller list. That was someone else. In my case the number 2 signified I was the second person she had to call that morning. I wake up and am sad. But I have this sneaky feeling things are going to work out.... don't ask me how I know. Off to the land of nod. Life is good nevertheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment